In Episode #5 of Dr. Travis Cox’s podcast, Plant-Based and Healthy, we discussed the research on the so-called anti-nutrients, like lectins, phytates and oxalates.
In this conversation we also discussed:
– My journey to becoming plant-based.
– My experience with treating cardiovascular disease with dietary and lifestyle strategies.
– Micronutrients of concern while on a plant-based diet.
– My tips for transitioning into a plant-based diet.
– My favourite plant-based foods.
You can listen on your favourite podcasting apps below:
Matthew Nagra is a Naturopathic Doctor and is a passionate advocate for evidence-based nutrition as medicine. I have a particular passion for plant-based/vegan nutrition, physical medicine, and chronic disease. With additional training in nutrition, I hold a Plant-Based Nutrition Certification from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies where I’ve authored multiple articles on the subject.