It was an honour to be the first ND featured on Plant-Based Canada‘s new podcast and the first guest who was not also a co-founder of the organization. I have immense respect for Plant-Based Canada and hope I can help this organization grow in the years to come.
In this episode we discuss:
- How I incorporates evidence-based medicine into his practice.
- The biggest advantages to following a plant-based diet.
- Myths around the consumption of soy products.
- Getting enough vitamin K2 on a plant-based diet.
- The debate over whether vegetables oils are healthy.
- Recent results from the prospective EPIC-Oxford study suggesting non-meat eaters might be at a higher risk of bone fracture.
- The science behind fad diets, like keto, paleo, and carnivore.
- The importance of tacking misinformation online, including from plant-based circles.
- Whether a healthy diet can ward off infectious diseases like COVID-19.
You can listen to the full episode here.
I hope you enjoy it and can learn from it.
Matthew Nagra is a Naturopathic Doctor and is a passionate advocate for evidence-based nutrition as medicine. I have a particular passion for plant-based/vegan nutrition, physical medicine, and chronic disease. With additional training in nutrition, I hold a Plant-Based Nutrition Certification from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies where I’ve authored multiple articles on the subject.