Doctor-to-be, Cassie Warbeck, recently launched her own podcast, the Plant Fueled Podcast, and I am honoured to be one of her first guests! In this episode we discuss a host of nutrition topics and discuss how I go about staying on top of the latest research as it is released. If you’d like to know my methods and hear about all the topics listed below, please listen here.
- The difference between a naturopathic doctor and a conventional medical doctor
- How he integrates plant-based nutrition into his practice
- His strategy for staying up to date with all the latest research
- Dairy and bone fracture risk
- Whether we need a direct source of K2 in our diets
- Is a calcium supplement helpful for preventing osteoporosis
- If casomorphins in cheese are addicting
- The effect of oil on arterial function
- Oils and disease risk
- Whether a plant-based diet can reverse arterial plaque build-up
- If higher omega 3 intake helps reduce cardiovascular risk
- Who might benefit from DHA/EPA supplementation
- Special nutrition recommendations for athletes
Listen to the Plant Fueled Podcast here
Matthew Nagra is a Naturopathic Doctor and is a passionate advocate for evidence-based nutrition as medicine. I have a particular passion for plant-based/vegan nutrition, physical medicine, and chronic disease. With additional training in nutrition, I hold a Plant-Based Nutrition Certification from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies where I’ve authored multiple articles on the subject.