I had the honour of appearing on the season finale of The Exam Room Podcast to clear up some false food facts!
There is a dizzying amount of misinformation spread about plant-based diets on a daily basis. You need meat to survive. There is no way that you will get enough nutrients. Dairy is required in order to have strong bones. You won’t live as long if you just eat plants.
When you first consider going vegan it can be nearly impossible to know what to believe and who to trust. However, the confusion ends today because the truth stops here.
I joined “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll to talk about five of the biggest “false facts” regarding what happens to your health by taking meat and dairy off the menu.
In this episode we tackled the following claims:
– You can’t get all the nutrients you need by eating a plant-based diet.
– Vegans are more likely to have brittle and broken bones.
– Plant sources of protein are inferior to animal proteins.
– It is hard to get enough iron without eating meat.
– Soy is unhealthy and causes a man’s chest to become unsightly.
Matthew Nagra is a Naturopathic Doctor and is a passionate advocate for evidence-based nutrition as medicine. I have a particular passion for plant-based/vegan nutrition, physical medicine, and chronic disease. With additional training in nutrition, I hold a Plant-Based Nutrition Certification from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies where I’ve authored multiple articles on the subject.