In this episode of The Goodness Lover Podcast, I sat down (virtually) with Sarah and Matt to discuss dietary fats and their impact on health. This is an area of much confusion, and is further muddied by the extreme high fat (keto) and low fat diet tribes, so I hope this episode brings some clarity to the topic.
- My personal health journey
- The differences between carbs, protein, and fats
- Whether or not coconut oil is a “healthy fat”
- What is LDL-cholesterol and why is it considered “bad” cholesterol?
- Does dietary cholesterol matter?
- High fat plant-based diets.
- Are oils healthy?
- Where to get omega-3s on a vegan diet.
You can view the full video below or listen to the audio only version here
Matthew Nagra is a Naturopathic Doctor and is a passionate advocate for evidence-based nutrition as medicine. I have a particular passion for plant-based/vegan nutrition, physical medicine, and chronic disease. With additional training in nutrition, I hold a Plant-Based Nutrition Certification from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies where I’ve authored multiple articles on the subject.