Mike Murray, host of the Muscle Memoirs Podcast, invited me on to discuss common vegan nutrition myths (both pro-vegan and anti-vegan myths) and to provide some information on how nutrition can affect our cardiovascular disease risk. This was a fun episode to record as we really dove into the science on these various topics.
- Vegan diets and growth in children.
- Soy, hormones, and health outcomes.
- Lean red meat and cardiovascular risk.
- The value of observational research (epidemiology) in nutrition.
- Eggs, their nutritional value, and impact on disease risk.
- Dairy fat and cardiovascular disease risk.
- And much more!
You can view the video below or listen to the audio version here
I hope you enjoy it!
Matthew Nagra is a Naturopathic Doctor and is a passionate advocate for evidence-based nutrition as medicine. I have a particular passion for plant-based/vegan nutrition, physical medicine, and chronic disease. With additional training in nutrition, I hold a Plant-Based Nutrition Certification from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies where I’ve authored multiple articles on the subject.