I’m pleased to bring you my 6th appearance on The Proof with Simon Hill (formerly ‘The Plant Proof Podcast’). In this episode, we spend 2 hours diving into the most prominent nutrition myths you’ll come across online and in the media.
- Are pesticides found in fruits and vegetables toxic to humans?
- Does unprocessed red meat increase cancer and cardiovascular disease risk?
- Are food frequency questionnaires (FFQs) reliable in nutritional research?
- Which oils are the healthiest?
- Do phytates and oxalates rob our bodies of minerals?
- Are all ultraprocessed foods unhealthy?
- Is a ketogenic diet the ideal diet for treating type 2 diabetes?
- Is a low-fat, vegan diet the true optimal diet for humans?
- Should everyone avoid gluten?
- Do lectins cause leaky gut?
- And much more!
Matthew Nagra is a Naturopathic Doctor and is a passionate advocate for evidence-based nutrition as medicine. I have a particular passion for plant-based/vegan nutrition, physical medicine, and chronic disease. With additional training in nutrition, I hold a Plant-Based Nutrition Certification from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies where I’ve authored multiple articles on the subject.